The Ontario Postsecondary Transfer Guide (OPTG)
About the Transfer Guide
The Transfer Guide is designed to assist college and university students to find out how credits for learning at one institution can transfer to another among the publicly funded colleges and universities in Ontario.
The Guide provides information on:
- Course transfers, detailing how individual courses can be transferred from one institution to another
- Program transfers, detailing how a block of credit from your current program can be applied to a similar program at another institution
- College diploma and advanced diploma programs to degree programs at colleges and universities;
- College certificate to diploma and diploma to advanced diploma programs at other colleges;
- Apprenticeship Certificates of Qualification to college diploma programs in related fields; and
- Secondary school dual credit courses to college programs.
We operate from the principle that the Transfer Guide should be a useful tool that facilitates lifelong learning opportunities and pathways among students and graduates of the publicly funded colleges and universities in Ontario, with built-in flexibility to meet future needs. To this end, we include information on collaborative degree-diploma programs open to secondary school graduates and on accelerated diploma and Graduate Certificate programs open to university graduates.