Pathway Summary


Pathway ID
Pathway Title
Mental Health & Addictions to Bachelor of Social Work
Pathway Last Updated

Sending Institution Information

Sending Institution
Fleming College
Education, Community and Social Services
Program Area
Community/Child/Youth Education/Interventions/Services
Program Title
Mental Health & Addictions Worker

Receiving Institution Information

Receiving Institution
Nipissing University
Arts, Fine Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
Program Area
Community, Social Services/Social Work/Interventions
Program Title
Bachelor of Social Work

Contact Procedures

Office of the Registrar
Nipissing University
100 College Dr  Box 5002
North Bay ON  P1B 8L7
Phone (705) 474-3450, extension 4600

Pathway Details

Terms for renewal or cancellation

Nipissing University will review this transfer pathway periodically, introducing new amendments as appropriate.  Any change to this pathway will not affect current students.  Students enrolled at Nipissing University at the time of any change shall be allowed to complete their degree based on the original terms of this transfer pathway.

Eligibility for Pathway

Applicants who have successfully completed a two year Mental Health & Addictions diploma program at an Ontario CAAT with a cumulative 3.0 GPA or above can be considered for admission to the Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) program.  Further information about the admission process may be found on our website here.

Credit transfer

Applicants will receive 30 credits (equivalent to one academic year of study) upon admission to the program.

Credits that must be achieved at the receiving institution

90 of 120 required credits.  See our website here for Bachelor of Social Work degree requirements.

Anticipated normal schedule of student progression

Normally three years ( 6 semesters) for a Bachelor of Social Work degree.

During Year 2 of the Bachelor of Social Work program, students must apply for admission consideration to the professional years (Years 3 & 4) of the program. Admission to the first or second year of the Bachelor of Social Work program does not guarantee acceptance into the professional years.


Credential(s) to be granted on successful completion of all required components

Bachelor of Social Work degree.

Back to Top

Don’t forget: You should always review institution transfer information before you finalize your options. Contact a transfer advisor if you have further questions.