Pathway Summary


Pathway ID
Pathway Title
Social Service Worker to Bachelor of Arts
Pathway Last Updated

Sending Institution Information

Sending Institution
Fleming College
Education, Community and Social Services
Program Area
Community/Child/Youth Education/Interventions/Services
Program Title
Social Service Worker

Receiving Institution Information

Receiving Institution
Nipissing University
Arts, Fine Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
Program Area
Any Bachelor's of Arts Program
Program Title
Bachelor of Arts

Contact Procedures

Admissions Office
Nipissing University
100 College Drive
North Bay, ON  P1B 8L7

(705) 474-3450, extension 4600

Pathway Details

Terms for renewal or cancellation

This pathway will be reviewed annually. Any change to this pathway will not affect current students. Students enrolled at Nipissing University at the time of any change shall be allowed to complete their degree based on the original terms of this transfer agreement.

Eligibility for Pathway

Graduates of a two-year Social Service Worker diploma program with a cumulative overall average of 70% or better can be considered for admission to Bachelor of Arts programs.

Credit transfer

Admitted applicants will be awarded up to a maximum of 30 transfer credits toward a Bachelor of Arts degree.

Credits that must be achieved at the receiving institution

Student must complete 60 credits for the Bachelor of Arts (three-year degree program) or 90 credits for the Bachelor of Arts (four-year degree). See our website here for a detailed outline of degree requirements.

Anticipated normal schedule of student progression

Students can complete a Bachelor of Arts (three-year degree) in two years or a Bachelor of Arts (four-year degree) in three years.

Credential(s) to be granted on successful completion of all required components

Bachelor of Arts (Honours Specialization, Specialization or Major)

Back to Top

Don’t forget: You should always review institution transfer information before you finalize your options. Contact a transfer advisor if you have further questions.