Pathway Summary


Pathway ID
Pathway Title
Social Service Worker to Bachelor of Social Work
Pathway Last Updated

Sending Institution Information

Sending Institution
Fleming College
Education, Community and Social Services
Program Area
Community/Child/Youth Education/Interventions/Services
Program Title
Social Service Worker

Receiving Institution Information

Receiving Institution
Carleton University
Arts, Fine Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities
Program Area
Community, Social Services/Social Work/Interventions
Program Title
Bachelor of Social Work

Contact Procedures

For further information about admission requirements (including prerequisite requirements):

Contact us:

Pathway Details

Terms for renewal or cancellation

Carleton University will review this transfer pathway periodically, introducing new amendments as appropriate.  Any change to this pathway will not affect current students.  Students enrolled at Carleton at the time of any change shall be allowed to complete their degree based on the original terms of this transfer pathway.

Eligibility for Pathway

Graduates of a two year Ontario College Social Service Worker Diploma program with a minimum overall grade point average of 3.0 and any specified prerequisites.  Applicants must also submit a personal information document that will assist in the evaluation.  Information about the additional requirements and deadlines are available on the admissions website:

Credit transfer

Applicants will receive 5.0 credits (equivalent to one academic year of study) upon completion of  the two-year Diploma program.

Credits that must be achieved at the receiving institution

15 of 20 required credits. 

Anticipated normal schedule of student progression

Normally three years ( 6 semesters) for a Bachelor of Social Work degree.

Credential(s) to be granted on successful completion of all required components

Bachelor of Social Work degree

Back to Top

Don’t forget: You should always review institution transfer information before you finalize your options. Contact a transfer advisor if you have further questions.