Pathway Summary


Pathway ID
Pathway Title
Recreation & Leisure Services or Fitness to BRLS
Pathway Last Updated

Sending Institution Information

Sending Institution
Fleming College
Health, Food and Medical, Recreation
Program Area
Athletics/Fitness/Sport; Golf/Parks/Recreation Operations and Management
Program Title
Recreation and Leisure Services

Receiving Institution Information

Receiving Institution
Brock University
Health and Medicine
Program Area
Fitness, Kinesiology, Leisure and Recreation, Physical Education, Sport
Program Title
Bachelor of Recreation and Leisure Studies Degree

Contact Procedures

Admissions: (905) 688-5550 ext. 4068, or

For program information contact:

Michael Fawkes, Undergraduate Program Coordinator:

Pathway Details

Terms for renewal or cancellation

Brock University Senate will review this transfer pathway after each academic year, introducing mutually agreed upon amendments as appropriate. Any change to this pathway will not affect current students. Students enrolled at Brock at the time of any change shall be allowed to complete their degree based on the original terms of this transfer pathway.

Eligibility for Pathway

A minimum 75% cumulative average on the Recreation and Leisure Studies Diploma (from Conestoga, Fleming, Georgian, Humber or Seneca Colleges) is required for entry to Brock.

Credit transfer

Eligible applicants will be awarded 6.5 credits.  Specific credit will be assigned at the point of admission.

Credits that must be achieved at the receiving institution

Students must complete a minimum thirteen and a half (13.5) of twenty (20) Brock Credits to obtain a 4-year degree.

Anticipated normal schedule of student progression

A minimum of two and a half academic years (5 terms) of full time study is required to complete the Honours (4-year) Bachelor of Recreation and Leisure Studies degree. 

Credential(s) to be granted on successful completion of all required components

Honours (4-year) Bachelor of Recreation & Leisure Studies degree (although applicants may complete a three-year pass degree if preferred).

Back to Top

Don’t forget: You should always review institution transfer information before you finalize your options. Contact a transfer advisor if you have further questions.